Original pen & ink rendering. Located in Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island. Amelia Island is the northernmost barrier island on Florida’s Atlantic coast. The lighthouse was originally built on Georgia’s Cumberland Island in 1820. However, in 1838 the lighthouse was dismantled brick by brick, shipped across St. Mary’s River, and reconstructed atop the highest point on Amelia Island, where the beacon was likely more visible. As the property is bordered by private homes, providing public access to the lighthouse is problematic. Tours of the lighthouse are offered by the City of Fernandina Beach on the first and third Wednesdays of the month.