Original pen & ink rendering. Located at Castle Hill Point, marking the east side of the entrance to Narragansett Bay. The Castle Hill Lighthouse is built right into a cliff face, and almost appears as a natural feature of the landscape. The lighthouse was completed in 1890, and commenced operation on May 1, 1890. The lighthouse is owned by the Coast Guard, and although the lighthouse itself is not open to the public, the grounds around it are easily accessible by footpaths in the area.