Original pen & ink rendering. Located on the northeast corner of Maury Island in Pugent Sound, the lighthouse marks the halfway point between Seattle and Tacoma. Point Robinson began as a fog signal station on July 1, 1885, and the light was added in 1887. The current lighthouse was build in 1915, and is a twin of the Alki Point Lighthouse. The lighthouse is owned by the Coast Guard and managed by Vashon Park District. The grounds are open to the public, the dwellings are available for weekly rentals, and the tower is open on Sundays.