Original pen & ink rendering. Located 1.2 miles seaward off Tillamook Head south of Seaside, the lighthouse stands 133 feet above sea level with a 62-foot tower on a basalt rock islet. Nicknamed “Terrible Tilly”, due to exposure to storm waves, it was commissioned in 1881 to help guide ships entering Columbia River. Replaced by whistle buoy in 1957, it is the only privately owned Oregon coast lighthouse on National Register of Historic Places. It is now used as a columbarium, a storage place for ashes of the deceased, and is not open to the public.