Original pen & ink rendering. Located in Yaquina (Yah-kwih-nah) Bay State Recreation Site on U.S. Hwy. 101 at north end of the Yaquina Bay bridge in Newport, it is the second oldest standing lighthouse structure on the Oregon coast. In original service only from 1871 to 1874 before the commissioning of the nearby brighter Yaquina Head Lighthouse eliminated its necessity. Open now as a museum daily, except for holidays.